Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Memories

I have noticed recently that I really stink at remembering things.  I would like to blame it on my children and say that they ate my brain while in the womb and now suck all the energy that it takes to run the thing but, I don't think that would be fair.  Maybe the blogging thing could be my journal of sorts.  To help me remember the good times and the bad.

Recently there has been a lot of good times.  This past weekend was 4th of July weekend 2010 and we have enjoyed going to the splash park, a bbq at our friend April's, and an En Vogue/Darius Rucker concert (free) on post.  Ian and I went on a date (Saturday) to the (free) Carnival that was on post.  We had an awesome time riding the rides and playing a few games.  We went down this huge slide, which as soon as I find my adapter I will post a pic.  It was wonderful....until we had to leave!!  Ian threw such a tantrum I had to pick him up like a foot ball and carry him to the car.  A woman stopped me and asked me if she could help me carry something so that I could deal with him!  It was actually laughable since I knew he was tired and ready to go.  The night prior he had stayed up late at the concert.  Darius Rucker was pretty awesome!  4th of July we went to Savannah and did some shopping.  Tried to find stuff for Ian's birthday party with minor luck.   Then spent the evening on the River watching fireworks while the boys did the best impression of the worst kids in town!!  Lack of sleep.  Danielle our neighbor had tagged along and her son was pretty much a wreck too with no nap and late nights.  But it was a blast!  A wonderful weekend and on that I want to remember!

I know I didn't mention that my thoughts are pretty random.  Im sure that it is difficult to follow along since I bounce from one day to the next but at least its written down.  I have been interrupted about 5 times with Evan who has a very bad double ear infection and is not comfortable.  I imagine I will be sleeping on the couch with him again tonight.  I should probably wrap this up and head to bed since it will probably be a long one!

No comments:

Post a Comment