Thursday, July 8, 2010

Felix Felicis

I didn't get to blog when I got home this evening, too busy cleaning up the house!  Yea, its pretty much always a disaster but at least I try!  I'm only up this late because Evan is sick and isn't having another good night.  Another night for me on the couch!  So I thought I would blog about my day!  I think it was a really lucky day!  It all started when my husband came home from work for breakfast.  One thing I love about the Army is that my hubby sometimes gets to come home for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Obviously that doesn't apply to deployments, field training, or very busy days.  Today he came home just to tell me something!  (background story) Ian's birthday is Tuesday and we are having a party on Sunday to celebrate.  Because he loves water and I can't think of any indoor activities (pray for no rain) we are having a "water" party.  If we had a real pool I might call it a pool party but we currently own a 20.00 lagoon style wading pool......we have 13 kids coming!  One little pool isn't gonna cut it!  Of course my friend is loaning me her Toy Story Slip n Slide and I have the baby pool so we had been contemplating purchasing a second pool.....however.....we have about 60.00 to last us till our next pay day which is currently 6 days away.  Well, this morning my husband comes home to tell me that one of his fellow Soldiers was talking about how he had this 6'wx3'd pool in his back yard and its not allowed on post so he got in trouble for having it now he has to get rid of it I think Ill put it on Craigslist for 30.00......ok, so we have no money but......"Hey, can I pay you on pay day and get it this Sat.?"  WOOOHOOO we got a pool!  A pretty big one too with a pump and chlorine and everything! Problem solved.

The next thing that happened was that I had a WIC appt. at 1000.  Oh, I got to get ready for this appt kid free cause hubby was still home.  I show up to the appt. early.  Usually WIC appts. take forever.  Always expect a 2-3 hr wait.  I wasn't really in the mood for such a wait but what can you do?  I walk in and there is a notice on the door.  "Due to illness we are short nurses, if your appt. is with a nurse you maybe rescheduled"   Ok, so the rescheduling thing kinda stinks but I got my vouchers and got out within 30 min which is pretty cool!  So I decide to go to Starbucks and get a milk for Ian (who by the way is being a perfect little angel) and cookies and maybe a drink for me....if I have enough cash in my pocket.  I order and for some reason Im being very blonde about ordering.  I normally know exactly what I want but cant seem to figure it out today.  I knew that I wanted frozen coffee.  I shouldn't be having caffeine right now but I really like Starbucks.  When I go to pick up my order the girl hands me a venti.  I ordered a grande!  So score!  Then we go to the PX and Ian is being good the whole time.  Its just amazing!

I had a meeting at 11 at the BN to put together bags for our redeploying single Soldiers.    I wasn't but 10min late but they had started early and was nearly done by the time I got there.  It was crazy.  I guess when they say 11 they really mean 10 but who cares.  My boys were getting tired so after my meeting after the meeting (regarding the dress auction) I headed to the car which was parked outside my husbands office.  My next stop was to the commissary.  I needed to pick up a few items and get Geoff lunch and he asks me if it would be easier if he kept the kids at his office while I ran to the commissary........UHM......YEAH!!!  So I ran off to run my errands kid free!

I finished my errands, picked up the boys came home and put them down for their naps.  I made deviled eggs.  Geoff came home at 1500!  On Time!!!  Score!  Tara came to pick me up and we drove off into the sunset for an evening with the girls!!  We had a surprise birthday celebration for two of the girls that we "hang" out with.  It was a lot of fun and we had wonderfully yummy food.  The mocktales where the best!  Such a great day!  Ian was so good today.  Even Evan with his ear infection was good all day!

So, I think I should end this day. Actually its already tomorrow.  The date stamp is gonna be the 9th but all this happened on the 8th...lol! I need sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment